"I am just a child who has never grown up. I still keep asking these 'how' and 'why' questions. Occasionally, I find an answer." - Stephen Hawking
Mask order in effect 6/24 to 7/7
MASK ORDER LIFTED.
The CDC announced 5/13/2021 that all vaccinated persons can now be maskless indoors with limited restrictions.
CURRENT SAFETY AND HEALTH GUIDELINES FOR YESYOGA
The health and safety of our YESyoga community is our top priority, and we ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and others safe and healthy. Please read through the new guidelines when practicing yoga in-studio with us.
1. STAY HOME If you exhibit flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties or a rise in temperature, please stay home! Notify Erin immediately if you have received a POSITIVE COVID-19 test at Erin@yesyogastudio.com
2. SURFACES: Our efforts are to keep our studio germ free include cleaning and sanitizing countertops, door handles, bathroom fixtures, yoga floors, and often-touched areas every day. We encourage you to wash your hands before and after class.
3. PROPS: Members are allowed use of prop rentals to keep in their designated lockers. Shared props will be allowed in studio, please sanitize your own props or feel free to bring your own.
4. REGISTRATION: Students are REQUIRED to sign up for class via MindBody prior to arriving at the studio. All Payments are to be processed on-line thru Mind Body prior to arriving. No “walk-ins” will be permitted.
5. SIZE OF CLASSES: Class sizes are no longer restricted.
6. ATTENDANCE: NO LATE ENTRY. We ask that you do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the start of class, and that you are courteous and leave in a timely manner after class.
7. PPE: Masks are not required for yoga. You may wear your mask into the studio, and you may remove your mask for the class in order to prevent lack of oxygen or hyperventilation. Once class is over you may return to wearing your mask. Teachers will wear masks when passing out cold lavender towels.
8. PLACEMENT OF MATS: We ask you please social distance when necessary.
Please place your mat on the floor in the designated market spaces.
9. LOCKERS: Locker usage will only be allowed for YESunlimited Auto-Pay Members. Each member will be assigned a permanent locker, and YESyoga staff member will place a name card on each locker. No sharing of lockers.
10. BABYSITTING SERVICES: In order to maintain health and well being for staff and families of YESYoga, no babysitting services will take place at this time. No children are allowed in the studio.
You can read more about who we are as a company on our "About Us" page. We, at YESyoga, believe in choice. That every decision you make creates the world you live in. We are here to provide you with the tools you need to create the life you want, and to create YES actions, because you are worth it. So, just say YES!
"I AM NOT FLEXIBLE ENOUGH FOR YOGA."
Flexibility is a practiced "skill." Just as you go to the gym to lift weights, you go to the grocery store to buy groceries, you take a class to learn another language, and you come to yoga to create and practice flexibility. You DO NOT have to know how to touch your toes, it is highly overrated, most of our feet stink anyway.
Where is the best place to park?
There are parking spots along City Walk, directly in front of YESyoga, however during the day most of the time these spots fill up, and they are metered parking. Parking in the parking garage behind our studio is the best place, and it's free. During the weekday, floors 1 and 2 are open to anyone. Floors 3 and 4 are reserved for office tenants. If you can't find any spots, head up to floors 5 and 6.
Most of the "reserved parking" are reserved Monday - Friday 7am to 6pm, and they will tow your car if you are parked in a spot during reserved time frames. The spots will say "reserved," otherwise they are numbered so you remember where you parked.
How do I hydrate?
We recommend drinking water with electrolytes before, during, and after class. We do not have plastic water bottles for you to purchase, but we do have drinking fountains available at your convenience to fill up your own water bottles.
Why don't you have showers?
YESyoga is 1811 square foot, and by the time we had two bathrooms that are up to the latest ADA regulations, laundry for all of the towels, the yoga room, and babysitting; it just didn't fit. We thought zero showers were better than a very long wait for one shower. We do offer classes before work and after work if your work facility doesn't offer showers there.
One teacher does not teach the same way as another for the same class type, why?
We've asked our teachers to be themselves for the classes they are scheduled to teach. Each teacher teaches the class based on the class description, and they fill their class with their style. Whether it is a different style of vinyasa, different style of music, or different way they create their class - it is up to them. We encourage you to try as many classes and find the teacher that you connect with! Our teachers are a YES for uniqueness and showing up authentically for themselves to create a better class experience overall.
Will there be cocktails, wine, or other drinks served at specific classes or YESyoga events?
NO. YESyoga has a no alcohol policy. While we love to enjoy our wine at home, restaurants, or in the company of friends, we do not want to contribute to the glorification of alcohol. We also do not want to pressure anyone who doesn't drink into thinking their actions of not drinking isn't an acceptable social norm.
There is a time and place to enjoy beverages with your friends and family, and we leave that choice up to you in your every day life. However, YESyoga will be a dry studio and create inclusivity and acceptablity for all.