"I am just a child who has never grown up. I still keep asking these 'how' and 'why' questions. Occasionally, I find an answer." - Stephen Hawking
Mask order in effect 6/24 to 7/7
MASK ORDER IN EFFECT: It is now required for everyone to wear masks in Fort Bend County per Mayor Zimmerman's orders effective 6/23 through 7/7. Here are the new changes we are implementing starting Wednesday 6/24:
-All class sizes will be lowered to 7 people per class
-Masks MUST be worn as you enter and exit the studio and be worn in all common areas.
-Once you get you to your spot in class you may remove your mask for practice
-YESyoga has the right to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask.
CURRENT SAFETY AND HEALTH GUIDELINES FOR YESYOGA
ALL NEW SAFETY AND HEALTH GUIDELINES
The health and safety of our YESyoga community is our top priority, and we ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and others safe and healthy. Please read through the new guidelines when practicing yoga in-studio with us.
1. STAY HOME If you exhibit flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties or a rise in temperature, please stay home! Notify Erin or Tiffany immediately if you have received a POSITIVE COVID-19 test.
2. SURFACES: Our efforts are to keep our studio germ free include cleaning and sanitizing countertops, door handles, bathroom fixtures, yoga floors, and often-touched areas every day. We encourage you to wash your hands before and after class.
3. PROPS: All community props are off limits until further notice. Students are required to bring their own mat. Any additional props students will need to bring to class with them (such as blanket, 2 blocks, weights and strap). Towels and washcloths (including lavender towels) are no longer supplied.
4. REGISTRATION: Students are REQUIRED to sign up for class via MindBody prior to arriving at the studio. All Payments are to be processed on-line thru Mind Body prior to arriving. No “walk-ins” will be permitted.
5. SIZE OF CLASSES: Classes will be sized to 50% capacity per the state of Texas and Governor Abbott’s COVID-19 directives. Each class will hold 10 people (not including the teacher). Classes will continue to be live-streamed and recorded for our YESon-demand content. If you are unable to attend class, you can still attend virtually.
6. ATTENDANCE: NO LATE ENTRY. We ask that you do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the start of class, and that you are courteous and leave in a timely manner after class.
7. PPE: Masks are not required for yoga. You may wear your mask into the studio, and you may remove your mask for the class in order to prevent lack of oxygen or hyperventilation. Once class is over you may return to wearing your mask. No heat will be on during class.
8. PLACEMENT OF MATS: Safe physical distancing practices are in order. Please place mats 6-8 feet apart, and place your person items near your mat. No shoes to be worn inside the room.
9. LOCKERS: Locker usage will only be allowed for YESunlimited Auto-Pay Members. Each member will be assigned a permanent locker, and YESyoga staff member will place a name card on each locker. No sharing of lockers. Non YESunlimited Members will not be allowed locker usage and all items must be placed inside the yoga room.
10. BABYSITTING SERVICES: In order to maintain health and well being for staff and families of YESYoga, no babysitting services will take place at this time. No children are allowed in the studio.
11. PHYSICAL DISTANCING REQUIRED: YESyoga teachers will not walk around the yoga room or give “hands-on” assists during classes. One person in the locker/restroom area at a time.
12. RETAIL SALES: No in-person retails sales will take place. Please purchase all retail from our online boutique or email us at email@example.com to place an order for pick up.
13. LOST/LEFT BEHIND ARTICLES: YESyoga is not responsible for any personal items left behind at the studio.
You can read more about who we are as a company on our "About Us" page. We, at YESyoga, believe in choice. That every decision you make creates the world you live in. We are here to provide you with the tools you need to create the life you want, and to create YES actions, because you are worth it. So, just say YES!
"I AM NOT FLEXIBLE ENOUGH FOR YOGA."
Flexibility is a practiced "skill." Just as you go to the gym to lift weights, you go to the grocery store to buy groceries, you take a class to learn another language, and you come to yoga to create and practice flexibility. You DO NOT have to know how to touch your toes, it is highly overrated, most of our feet stink anyway.
Where is the best place to park?
There are parking spots along City Walk, directly in front of YESyoga, however during the day most of the time these spots fill up, and they are metered parking. Parking in the parking garage behind our studio is the best place, and it's free. During the weekday, floors 1 and 2 are open to anyone. Floors 3 and 4 are reserved for office tenants. If you can't find any spots, head up to floors 5 and 6.
Most of the "reserved parking" are reserved Monday - Friday 7am to 6pm, and they will tow your car if you are parked in a spot during reserved time frames. The spots will say "reserved," otherwise they are numbered so you remember where you parked.
How do I hydrate?
We recommend drinking water with electrolytes before, during, and after class. We do not have plastic water bottles for you to purchase, but we do have drinking fountains available at your convenience to fill up your own water bottles.
Why don't you have showers?
YESyoga is 1811 square foot, and by the time we had two bathrooms that are up to the latest ADA regulations, laundry for all of the towels, the yoga room, and babysitting; it just didn't fit. We thought zero showers were better than a very long wait for one shower. We do offer classes before work and after work if your work facility doesn't offer showers there.
One teacher does not teach the same way as another for the same class type, why?
We've asked our teachers to be themselves for the classes they are scheduled to teach. Each teacher teaches the class based on the class description, and they fill their class with their style. Whether it is a different style of vinyasa, different style of music, or different way they create their class - it is up to them. We encourage you to try as many classes and find the teacher that you connect with! Our teachers are a YES for uniqueness and showing up authentically for themselves to create a better class experience overall.
Will there be cocktails, wine, or other drinks served at specific classes or YESyoga events?
NO. YESyoga has a no alcohol policy. While we love to enjoy our wine at home, restaurants, or in the company of friends, we do not want to contribute to the glorification of alcohol. We also do not want to pressure anyone who doesn't drink into thinking their actions of not drinking isn't an acceptable social norm.
There is a time and place to enjoy beverages with your friends and family, and we leave that choice up to you in your every day life. However, YESyoga will be a dry studio and create inclusivity and acceptablity for all.