I had this AMAZING salad in New Orleans that I can't stop thinking about, so I tried to recreate it at home...I couldn't remember the salad dressing so I made a more traditional version but without nightshades. SUPER quick and easy if you're into that kinda dinner.
- Lettuce of Choice (I had butter lettuce in my original salad, but HEB was out, so I used green leaf)
- Grilled Avocado
- Medium to Hard boiled Egg
- Olive Oil Marinated Onions
- Ready to Eat Crab from HEB (I used about 1/3 cup for salad)
- handful sunflower seeds
*I wanted to add asparagus, but HEB was also out of that
- Chives for garnish
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/4 tsp horseradish
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Juice from One Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
Mix dressing ingredients well with whisk, and place in refrigerator.
I grilled the avocado on a small grill pan over the stove. This was super easy, just place ingredients in salad bowl. I did a drizzle of dressing under the crab and a small dollop on top and topped with chives for garnish.
I would have loved to add the blanched asparagus, but next time I guess.