Two problems: I thawed steak and I wanted tabouleh....
Two fundamental problems: I can no longer eat tomatoes and I only had one bunch of parsley.....
In the words of Tim Gunn "Make it work!"
- Cauliflower Rice with Sautéed onion (Pictured is Kyle's bowl, I added some rice to his!)
- Grilled KC Steak
- Small Greek Salad (with artichokes, Kalamata olives, red onions, and feta)
- The Make It Work Tabouleh
- Vegan Lemon Yogurt Drizzle
INGREDIENTS for Tabouleh:
*This consistency and way it was served is more equivalent to "pico" than a traditional tabouleh. (Normally I would use 3 bunches of parsley, but this recipe has been adapted from my grandmother's to my current dietary needs and what was in my pantry/refrigerator.)
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice (sub for Bulgar Wheat)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 3 radishes, finely diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- lots of salt & pepper
Since this is served more like a pico, it is a great addition to other salads and sandwiches, or you can eat it with pita bread or crackers as a snack!