Especially during COVID, while we are on vacation I cook a ton. Usually when staying at a house, they tend to not have a lot of basic spices on hand, so instead of buying a ton of spices. I try to make pico or other sauces that can be used on multiple dinners or as a snack!
Also, since I'm doing no nightshades, I mixed things up with my pico recipe! This pico was served over tacos!
- 2 bunches cilantro, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 to 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ears of corn, corn cut away
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator. I think the pico is always served best after it's had a few hours to chill.