I was inspired by our awesome teacher Jess to check out the Sakara Recipe book. It's full of plant based beautiful recipes. I didn't make their exact version of the rainbow wrap, but I'd thought I'd share mine.
- Cooked Chicken, diced (To make this vegan leave out, you could also add brown rice and lentils as they did in the Sakara Recipe)
- 2 Carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 beet, peeled and shredded
- shredded cabbage or lettuce of choice
- avocado, sliced
- homemade peanut sauce ( 1/4 c creamy peanut butter, 2 tbs rice vinegar, 2 tbs coconut aminos, 1 tbs sesame oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2-3 tbs water as needed for thinning)
- Rice Paper Wraps (Soak in water for 3-5 seconds right before you are ready to wrap ingredients)
This was such a fun dish and honestly it was the first time I've ever used rice paper. It was a little tricky to wrap, so I would watch a youtube video if you have anxiety...I figured I'd just be a little messy if needed.
Since I wasn't sure how the wrapping would go I put the sauce directly into my wrap. I started with the carrots and beets on the bottom of the wrap, then lettuce, sauce, chicken, and avocado on top. Wrap it up and eat away.
It was so good, I could see about 100 different variations of what I could make in the future and I'm excited to keep experimenting with the rice paper!